Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Flowers and Towers. ...and curry with Super Powers.

A Flower Market

S: Dan surprised me early Saturday morning by taking me here and saying I should pick out some flowers for Mother's day.   ::Gasp::  I. Love. Fresh. Flowers.







 This warehouse/tent went on and on, filled with series of merchants selling all kinds of flowers. 
 

A vase? Wow!

There were lots of arrangements with little chinese gardens like this.  Except
 I see that lamp has a Christmas wreath on it! ha.
Tehee.

The orchids were exquisite.  There was no question as to what flower I would want after seeing so many kinds of them.




LOVE the colors! Don't you?

Bamboo arrangements.


She is playing with her brand new stuffed animal bunny that a very kind merchant inside gave her.


We talked about how if we ever can grow hydrangeas in our yard (depending where we live) these will be a must! 



Such a deep purpley pink.  =) These were the winners.
We picked out some of these babies to take home.


We stopped for some lunch.

There is a curry place at the New Taipei City MRT stop that is absolutely divine.  I cannot express how happy we were about this meal.  The only thing we've had like it is something from Bombay House in Provo but this seemed better.

Michelle loved it too.  Seriously. 


Finally some fresh steamed vegetables.  Ahh this sauce is so good.  These pictures just don't do it justice.

Taipei 101


So we made our way over to do the touristy thing of cruising up to the top of the 101.  I say cruising because that's the only way to honestly put it.  The elevator in this tower went from the 5th floor to the 89th floor in 37 seconds!  It made the Guiness record "world's fastest elevator" a few years ago.





Is it bad that this tower honestly looks like chinese take out boxes stacked on top of each other to me?  I think I think about food a lot. 

I don't know what religious group this is but we've seen them out a few times.  They stand in a line and do meditations and one or two proselyte.  


Up at the top!  The view is the other way! haha. Michelle and her fan club.






Some coral reef on display.  But if you look closely...

Whoa!



The bottom floors are a huge shopping mall for all the big brands like gucci, prada, armani, bvlgari?, burburry, etc.

Poor bebe.  So tired.


Well it was fun!






Home to Relax

Made some omelettes and ate dinner on the balcony after putting Shell to sleep.  






I would relive this day again.  Easily. =)

1 comment:

  1. I can see why you'd do it again. Sign me up next time. Those flowers are beautiful. How expensive are flowers there? In Estonia, they are SO cheap. People sell them on the streets and you buy them and give them away freely. It's great!

    I loved seeing the view from the 101. I wondered what they was like!

    ReplyDelete